Friday, April 4, 2008

Welcome!


Hello! I'm Adam - I'm a first year graduate student at MIT for engineering.

I often find my mind wandering about a million topics - now I'm certainly no expert in most of them - but sometimes I find it helps for me to jot down what I'm thinking. Sometimes, when I share, I get some positive feedback. So I thought, what better way to start discussions and debate, than to put them on the web for people to see.

Also, I don't consider myself to be some brainiac or anything like that. I just like to throw out some possibilities that I come up with - life is so complex and interesting you never know when you'll get one right. (And just because I go to MIT, no I can't turn your gas guzzling car into a flying hydrogen powered supervehicle, I can't calculate pi out to 1,000 digits, and for goodness sakes - I can't "hack the internets")

However, I also find that I'm interested in blogging for a more philanthropic nature. You see, I'm very lucky in that I'm married to a beautiful, sweet, amazing girl who has stuck by me for already five years in a lot of stress and long distance. Now we are together in Boston both as PhD students and working with each other side by side to help each other achieve our goals. It was a challenging road getting us both into graduate schools together, let alone as individuals.

So while I will often be posting my own thoughts, I'm also very happy to help anyone who is on their way to college, or grad school, or neither, and is looking for advice along their journey. I, of course, can only speak (or write in this case) from personal experiences, but I'd be happy to share my thoughts to try and help in any way. Especially those who, like my wife and I, are finding the two body problem to be particularly challenging.

So enough about the blog, head over to PhD Comics to get some great insight into the life of a grad students (it's not allll true... but pretty close) and then come on back. Oh, and welcome!


Search Engine Optimisation

No comments: